Monday, April 11, 2011

The Great Lover

These I have loved:
Luminescent plants reveling in the rain, glowing happy green;
The splashy-smeared sunrise oozing across the sky; birdsong;
Silky ivory brushing beneath my outstretched fingers; music melodious;
The rough and round feel of the pages as they slip, flip and flee;
Lilting and rotund tones of intonation over silver tongues; comfort;
The feathery caress; the tang of rain; the salty sting of victory;
Familiarity of places I know best, the sweet and savory sensational smells;
The snuggling wrap of a blanket; the snow’s gentle kiss;
Frozen time when the Earth holds its breath; a blue loon;
Capering colors whirling; a musty book whispering my name;
The lure of exquisite cuisine; hugs;
The fiery exhilaration of speed and finesse coursing through veins;
The streamline whisk of wind through my hair; the living smell of nature;
Free-flowing freedom buoying me higher;
The roaring magnificence and strength of falling water;
Vivacious eyes and bright lightened features; belly-clenching laughter;
Good times with friends; eternal peace.
All these have been my loves.

Modeled after a poem by Rupert Brooke
 4-15-09

No comments:

Post a Comment